bogus, viral email

From: Mark Jones <jones@research.att.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:38:28 -0500 (EST)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Apparently a trojan message was sent to this list which spoofed by
email address and which contained an infected attachment.  I did not
originate the message (nor did anyone at AT&T).  Beware when receiving
it.  The subject read: For example, ^M is converted The infected
attachment is return.exe.

(I personally use Unixware to read my mail and just flushed it
when it came through yesterday.  I hope that no one was greatly
affected by this email terrorist.)

--mark

Mark A. Jones
AT&T Labs - Research