RE: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Enco ding

Noah,

> Does this make sense?

What you suggest make sense to me... I think it also highlights a need to be
(very) sure what base URI is in scope.

It's not clear to me how to establish a reference to a SOAP envelope as a
base URI, particularly if some outer scope (in the XML document or the
protocol binding) has established a base URI that is not a reference to the
SOAP envelope.

Regards,

Stuart
BTW I also found Andrew's analysis really helful.