Re: document vs rpc

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 19:48:29 +0100 (CET)
To: Xi Zhao <xizha@cisco.com>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Xi Zhao,
 these types affect understanding WSDL constructs, not concrete
SOAP messages, and this list is in fact inappropriate for the
question.
 Anyway, literal and encoded mean that the messages will be
constructed according to the XML Schema (document) or according
to SOAP Encoding rules (encoded).
 Document means that the message part is the Body of the
message, while RPC means that parts are just parameters of the
call.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/