RE: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encoding

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:45:12 -0800
To: "John J. Barton" <John_Barton@hpl.hp.com>, "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: "David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>, "Noah Mendelsohn" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, "Andrew Layman" <andrewl@microsoft.com>, "jacek" <jacek@systinet.com>, "xml-dist-app" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Yes, the SOAP encoding proper doesn't currently provide this
functionality. While guessing is a possibility, I think in general the
schema context will provide you with information about the semantics of
the link and maybe, as you mention, additional parameters like possible
representations of the referenced data etc.

Henrik