Re: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encoding

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:32:39 +0100
To: "John J. Barton" <John_Barton@hpl.hp.com>
CC: jacek <jacek@systinet.com>, xml-dist-app <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Congratulations for finding out what the "S" now stands for in "SOAP"! :)

On a more serious note, I think Jacek was ruling this out in his proposal [1]
(ante-penultimate paragraph), the reason being it is "too complicated".

Personnally, I would prefer us to say instead that "the type of the referenced
entity MAY be indicated by the enc:hrefType attribute".

Jean-Jacques.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Dec/0129.html