RE: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encoding

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:01:13 -0800
To: "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@systinet.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Not to sound dismissive but I don't think layering has anything to do
with this. It is a question of us providing a data model that can be
used for a variety of purposes.

To my knowledge, we don't have any requirements on limiting the model to
RPC - our requirements document [1] contains word to the effect of
"These data models include object graphs and directed labeled graphs".

There currently is no limitation to where href values can point to and
IMO doing so would be in severe contradiction with the general Web
architecture.

Henrik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlp-reqs/#N400