Issue on TBTF introductory text

From: Raj Nair <rnair@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 16:26:46 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
This is text to be recorded as an open issue (from the Dec 5 Telcon).

We need text to clarify the requirements on binding imposed by end-to-end
features. An example is an end-to-end security association that an intermediate
node is not able to participate in.
(1) Noah proposed that we make it the responsibility of the next hop
on the path of a message to ensure that the hop after it can support the
feature;
(2) Glen proposed that we specify text that limits the scope of the
binding contract to each hop.
(3) I had originally proposed text that requires an intermediary to
generate a fault if it is not able to accept a SOAP message without
violating existing end-to-end conditions of the message.

---Raj