RE: Possible new issue on interpretation of relative URI actors

I would think it is absolutize and canonicalize.  URI's can have things like
escaped characters as well.  Further, XML allows characters that are illegal
in URIs.  We need to say something about illegal URI characters in SOAP
roles.

XLink section 5.4[1] describes one mechanism for computing an absolute and
canonical URI and handles illegal characters.

I would like to observe that IMHO we are running into the web-old problem of
coflating locations with identity.  Given that we want to coflate these
things, surely absolute and canonical URIs must be compared.

Dave
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink/#link-locators