Re: Section 5 vs Schema

From: Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:02:57 +0000
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: XML Protocol Discussion <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Martin Gudgin wrote:
<lots of sensible stuff>

It would be great to have some explanation to this effect in some part
of the final document - coming from a very schema-oriented background I
really didn't understand the place or agenda of the old section 5, and
the way it was being put forward without what I regarded as a strong
rationale made me feel kind of prickly, like it was out to reinvent XML

By contrast Martin's explanation makes me feel downright warm and fuzzy...