Re: Issue #170 proposal - referencing to missing data

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:24:38 -0500 (EST)
To: jacek@systinet.com (Jacek Kopecky)
Cc: henrikn@microsoft.com (Henrik Frystyk Nielsen), xml-dist-app@w3.org, chris.ferris@sun.com
> neither did I, but I don't think this needs to be said
> explicitly. IMHO "MUST dereference" means just "MUST get the
> data" and the "in any way suitable" is implied by the way web
> works. 8-)

Heh, well I know that we all know that, but there's a lot of people who
don't.  Just ask some of the RSS 0.91 folks who were using a validating
XML processor that would always invoke a GET on the RSS schema URL,
which went 404 one day earlier this year and broke a whole lot of stuff.

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/263

MB