Re: SOAP and the Web architecture

PPS - most caching proxies consider URIs with query arguments
automatically uncacheable. Other URI characteristics are used as
input to freshness heuristics as well (e.g., presence of 'cgi-bin',
'.gif', etc.). None of this is standardized, of course, but is
allowed by the HTTP.

One of my side projects is to try and come up with a standard
freshness heuristic for HTTP and get a bunch of vendors on board, but
this has been on the back burner for a while.

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/