RPC issue: multiple body blocks

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:02:44 -0700
To: XML Distributed Applications List <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Reading section 7.1, it's hinted that RPC messages are modeled as a
single struct in the message (note the use of 'single').

However, I don't see anything explicitly prohibiting multiple body
blocks in a RPC message.

While common sense dictates that RPC with multiple body blocks isn't
too useful, SOAP does allow them in the definition of a body, and RPC
doesn't give any solid guidance.

I'd be more comfortable if we ruled out more than one
child of the body when the RPC convention is in use, except when a
Fault is present, of course.

Thoughts?

--
Mark Nottingham