RE: Issue 30: Action item 2001/06/20

>I think that Chris and I are proposing that SOAP should define
behaviour
for xml:base, rather than leave it undefined.

As I have already said, I agree with this.  I simply want to do it after
we finish SOAP 1.2.

>A version of SOAP that normatively refers to Infoset then inherits the
normative reference to XML Base.

This is only true if we refer to the part of the Infoset spec that
defines how the Infoset represents XML Base.  Remember there is nothing
normative itself about the Infoset specification.  It is only a set of
terms and definitions that other specs can choose to use or not use.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
<mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com>