Re: Canonical representation of boolean attributes

mario.jeckle@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> concerning the root attribute proposal and also the mustUnderstand
> reformulation issue I discovered that we're currently using Boolean's lexical
> representation within the SOAP v1.2 editor's copy. The lexical representation
> of bool is either 0, 1 or true, false.
>
> Since XSD recommends the usage of the _canonical representation_ (which is
> "true" or "false") wherever possible I suggest the usage of "true" instead of
> "1" and "false" instead of "0" wherever we're talking about instances of
> boolean attributes or elements. Currently affected are sections 2.4, 2.5, and
> 5.6 of the SOAP document.

I think that if you check the latest editors draft at [1], the changes
you requested have already been made. I did however find another example
of using "1" instead of "true" in section 4.4.1.

Regards,
Marc.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/06/01/soap-02-infoset.html

--