RE: mustUnderstand reformulation

I suggest that these sorts of clarifications are the types of things that
we normally leave the discretion of the editorial team, and I am happy to
leave it to them.

I do agree that the word "correctly" in your #2 isn't quite right, but I
think the point I am attempting to make is essential and could easily be
lost:  the purpose of mustUnderstand is not to deal with any failures of
the targeting mechanism.  It applies in the situation where a message is
"correctly targeted", has been delivered to the intended point in the
message path, the software at that point is correctly assuming its
intended roles, but for some reason that software is not configured to
provide functions that are essential to the correct processing of the
message.  So, we need a pithy phrase that conveys all that.  I agree that
my phrasing isn't quite dead on, but at least it was short and crisp.  I
see that as one of the most crucial clauses in the formulation, and I
suggest that the editorial team attempt to reformulate it in a manner that
is clear and to the point

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Nilo Mitra (EMX)" <Nilo.Mitra@am1.ericsson.se>