RE: Proposed resolution: issues 78, 16

 Matt,
 in SOAP/1.1, section 7 RPC is built upon the section 5 encoding,
which makes true your statement that the Body can contain one and
only one serialization root. And as far as the current wording
regarding the "root" attribute goes it does not require all the
other elements to be marked SOAP-ENC:root="0".
 On the other hand, if we take the approach of separating RPC and
encodings then RPC would not state nor care at all how many
serialization roots there are in the Body.
 Just to add a point for the separation - if we separate our RPC
from our encoding, we allow the use of other encodings together
with our RPC scheme. Also the fact that our encoding is
independent from and usable outside of our RPC would become
clearer.
 Your terms RPC-encoded and document-encoded seem to come from
the terminology of WSDL - the IDL language (not only) for SOAP.
If so, then IMHO they are only valid when describing how certain
constructs of WSDL should be interpreted. I don't think these
terms should be used to describe actual SOAP messages.

                            Jacek Kopecky

                            Idoox
                            http://www.idoox.com/