Confusion about soap:encoding and own xml-schemas

From: Inga Eckermann <inga.eckermann@profi-consult.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:02:02 +0200
To: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hello,

is it possible to include in a soap-body an xml-Document that conforms to a
special schema and can I mention the namespace in the first element under
"body"?
Or are there restrictions on how the schema can be defined. I read
somewhere that attributes are ignored and the encoding rules do not include
all possibilities, that are in xml-schemas.

I generally do not understand why I need the encoding rules, thought it
should be part of the schema??

I would be glad to get some explanations about possibilities/restrictions
 when using own schemas and explanactions, when I need encoding rules and
there relation to schemas!

Thank you very much!!

Inga

Mit freundlichen Grüssen von
Inga Eckermann
ProFI Consult Gesellschaft für Unternehmensberatung mbH
-Anwendungsmanagement-
Rendsburger Str. 34 * 30659 Hannover
Tel.: 0511-9020-308
mailto:inga.eckermann@profi-consult.de