Massive Cross-Post: The State of XML-RPC, April 2001

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:54:03 -0700
To: <decentralization@yahoogroups.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, "XML-Dev \(E-mail\)" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, <xml-rpc@egroups.com>, <soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: <radio-userland@yahoogroups.com>, <Frontier-server@egroups.com>
Good morning, and apologies in advance for the massive cross-post.

I'm working on a new document describing the state of XML-RPC in April 2001.

It covers: positioning, the quest for killer apps, BigCo's, fluidity, forks, a new mascot, interop and my two priorities for XML-RPC for the immediate future.

http://www.xmlrpc.com/stateApril2001

There has been a lot movement in and around XML-RPC in the last few months, and I'd like it to coalesce into a few goals, remain true to the spirit of the Web, and offer a plan for action for the community in the coming months.

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames are welcome.

"It's even worse than it appears."

Dave