Re: Announce: A brief history of SOAP

I'm not disagreeing with the idea that metadata should be standardized -- I
think it should.

All I'm saying is that a given implementation shouldn't be required to
interpret the metadata, if it's available in some other form (like
programmer docs).

Specs which require the (programmatic) interpretation of standardized
metadata place a large burden on the implementors of the spec, IMHO
unnecessarily.

(I don't think we disagree on this point, but I wanted to make my POV
clear.)

Thanks,
-Jake