Re: Introduction

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:32:11 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
At 02:53 PM 9/29/00 -0700, David Fallside/Santa Teresa/IBM wrote:
>The introductions are coming from people who are members of the W3C XML
>Protocol Working
>Group. The xml-dist-app list is intended as the public forum where most of
>that WG's discussion
>takes place (see [1]). So, there is no need to formally become a "member"
>of xml-dist-app, you
>can simply participate on the forum. If you want to join the WG itself, you
>need to be a member of
>the W3C [2].

If you're not a W3C member, you might want to take a look at my "Outsider's
Guide to the W3C" for some background to the process at:

http://www.simonstl.com/articles/civilw3c.htm

The W3C XML Protocol Working Group seems to be working in a more public way
than most W3C Working Groups, something I'm delighted to see.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML