RE: Removal (Time for XMail?)

Did you take a look at the MIME multipart/related specification?

A single low-level stream can have multiple message bodies. A single body
can reference other related bodies through a URL syntax:
mid:other-message-id and cid:other-content-id. Each message body can have
its own set of headers for content-type, etc.

You could send a 'hub' document with data and references to the other parts
of the message - or other parts on the Web if you want as well.

Mike