[DR 302] Extensibility vs evolvability

From: Vidur Apparao <vidur@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:03:39 -0800
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

The DR starts out talking about extensibility, then discusses the
ability of "web services to evolve and adapt". It seems to me that
extensibility applies to the architectural framework underlying XP - the
ability to build upon XP in ways not explicitly specified by XP.
Evolvability applies to specific uses of XP - the ability to modify an
interface without prior agreement between communicating parties.

If the two terms are being used in these different contexts, should
DR302 be split into two. If they are meant to be synonymous, I'd prefer
the use of a single term.

--Vidur Apparao