[DR306] Ease of deployment

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:41:58 -0800
To: "XML Protocol Comments" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
I agree that XP and associated apps should be easy to deploy. However, while
I sympathise with the embedded app scenario I think we should state that the
minimum requirements are support for XML 1.0 + namespaces. That is, if you
don't have an XML parser that deals with namespaces then you can't do XP. I
expect that namespaces will be used in all sorts of places in our work and
having to shoehorn in ways of supporting systems which cannot handle XML
namespaces will be problematic.

Gudge