DR 201: straightforward mapping, or Schema?

From: MOREAU Jean-Jacques <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:48:28 +0100
To: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
IMO, and as mentionned by Stuart in [1], we should not consider
language bindings (out of scope) in this requirement.

Instead I propose that the last sentence of this requirement:
              There will be straightforward mappings of the data types

              used to a wide variety of widely deployed programming
              languages and object systems
is either dropped, or replaced by something like:
              XML Schema datatypes will be used to represent data
types
              most commonly used in popular programming languages
              and object systems.

Jean-Jacques.

[1] Stuart Williams/DR 201, DR202 and DR203: Programming Language
Bindings/ Tues 20:02 GMT+1