RE: DR302

I don't think this is out of scope. Section 1.0 of the WG Charter [1] titled
"1. Scope of XML Protocol Working Group" states (toward the end):

"Furthermore, the following two general requirements must be met by the work
produced by this Working Group:

* The envelope and the serialization mechanisms developed by the Working
Group may not preclude any programming model nor assume any particular mode
of communication between peers.

* Focus must be put on simplicity and modularity and must support the kind
of extensibility actually seen on the Web. In particular, it must support
distributed extensibility where the communicating parties do not have a
priori knowledge of each other."

Seems to me that places it very much in-scope.

Stuart Williams
[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/XML-Protocol-Charter