From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@akamai.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:49:05 -0800
To: XML Distributed Applications List <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

"This requirement does not preclude a mapping or binding to a transport
protocol taking advantage of such features"

This is IMHO gratuitous; a transport protocol is at least partially defined
by its own features. We should just say that the core XP protocol (less the
HTTP binding) must be transport neutral.

Also, what about applications, or XP extensions? Can they rely on a
particular binding's features? I'd think so, but I'd like to see it spelled

Mark Nottingham, Research Scientist
Akamai Technologies (San Mateo, CA)