Re: DR702 Requirement for Evolution

From: Octav Chipara <ochipara@cse.unl.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:51:45 -0600
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, MOREAU Jean-Jacques wrote:

> Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> > We can not
> > expect people to look for a schema for the XP envelope every time they use XP
> > and so anything that is mandatory must be explicitly in the message from day
> > one.
> Furthermore, not all applications will want to take the burden of supporting XML
> Schema, so I think XML Schema should be optional here (part 1; part2 -datatypes-
> is ok).
> Jean-Jacques.

I would agree with Jean, we have to keep everything as simple as possible.
Using schemas, which they do not have currently a lot of support, we
should make this optional. If you want to develop small application you
should not impose to the application to verify the input against of a
schema. This would prove very beneficial in a client-server model, where
the client has to have a very small footprint!

- Octav