Re: Proposed changes to 8xx

From: MOREAU Jean-Jacques <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:53:02 +0100
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@akamai.com>
CC: XML Distributed Applications List <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>, RUELLAN Herve <ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Mark Nottingham wrote:

> Comments welcome. I've tried to incorporate ballot feedback; if you still
> have issues w/ intermediaries, please bring them to the group ASAP.

Mark, I've been reading this whole section as meaning intermediaries are
optional, i.e. some XP requests will contain information destined at
intermediairies, others will not; but I don't think this has been made very
explicit so far.

Shouldn't we clarify the surrounding text, and/or add a further requirement?
(unless we think all XP implementations should definitely support
intermediaries)

Jean-Jacques.