[DR 200] Lotus "live with" (L) vote on 200

From: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:24:03 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
We substantially concur with this requirement, indeed we view it as
essential.  The current wording refers to "RPC (Remote Procedure Call )
Applications" and in bullet #1 to: "Unique specification of the program or
object and procedure or method to be called based on URI syntax.".

As we know from the history of SOAP, there are important subtleties in how
much we imply regarding the nature of the endpoints.  For those reasons, I
would prefer something along the lines of:  "Applications and Services
accessible using an RPC Model" and "Unique specification of the service,
program or object and procedure or method to be called based on URI syntax
."

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142