RE: XML within XML - includes, transcludes, whatever

From: S. Mike Dierken <mike@knownow.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:47:20 -0800
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> Which raises all sorts of access control and synchronization issues, as
well
> as adding protocol overhead which could be substantial for small chunks of
> data.
What access control and synchronization issues?
What protocol overhead?

It seems that the 'other file' could be either inside or outside the
delivered package. If it is inside, then I don't see many access control,
synchronization or protocol overhead issues. If it is outside, then I do see
that there would be those issues.

I think people in other messages have refered to this as 'pass by reference'
and 'pass by value'. I would imagine a good protocol could support both.

Mike