Call For Feedback: SIDL Proposal

From: James Snell <jmsnell_2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 00:39:45 -0700 (PDT)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
I would like to formally submit a request for
feedback/comments from the list members regarding the
proposed service interface description grammar draft I
have posted on the soap-wrc.com site:

http://www.soap-wrc.com/sidl.txt

The Service Interface Description Language (SIDL) is
an alternative to the Microsoft SDL and IBM NASSL
proposals and serves the purpose of documenting and
describing the interfaces and implementations of
lightweight protocol-based services such as SOAP and
XML-RPC.

It is my intention to provide open source reference
implementations of a SIDL Parser for the COM and Java
environments in the near future as well as to
formalize the proposal as an XML Schema document and
formal specification.

Comments should be directed either to the list (if
appropriate) or to myself directly at:

suggestions@soap-wrc.com

Thanks,

- James Snell