Re: Question for the Sun people

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:54:17 -0700
To: "Gregory Alan Bolcer" <gbolcer@endtech.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Excellent!

Finally, I totally understand the concern.

We have done something like this in Frontier, which serves from a hierarchic
object database. At any point in the hierarchy you can have a script
entitled #security, it gets a shot at the request, gets all the information
the RPC handler gets, pre-parsed and in its namespace, and can reject the
request simply by throwing an error.

Without this capability, and with a growing development staff, I would never
be able to take a vacation or even sleep well at night.

Thanks for explaining. Now I get it. ;->

Dave