RSS 0.91 restated

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:36:37 -0700
To: <xml-dev@xml.org>, "Xml-Rpc@Egroups.Com" <xml-rpc@egroups.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, <fork@xent.com>
After an impromptu RSS BOF at Dale Dougherty's Web Publishing track at WWW9,
I resolved to get RSS moving again.

What is RSS? Perhaps you don't know. If so, check out the brief history on
today's Scripting News, here:

http://scriptingnews.userland.com/backissues/2000/06/07#rss

Then read the spec:

http://backend.userland.com/rss091

It's not final, but I expect it will be by the end of the week. It's just a
cleanup and restatement of 0.91, with the Netscapeisms removed, and pointers
to the specs that are behind RSS. There's been a fair amount of interest in
evolving RSS, but I felt that first we needed a strong foundation, a spec
that was simple, understandable and complete. Hopefully that's what we now
have.

Dave Winer,
UserLand