Correction re NGWS

From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 03:01:37 -0700
To: <fork@xent.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, "Knobel Lance" <LKnobel@worldlink.co.uk>
Yesterday I posted to both these lists an excerpt from Scripting News that
contained a pretty basic error.

I said that the W in NGWS stood for Windows, however, reading the Microsoft
site this morning I came across this piece:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/Events/tewebcast/agenda/mon.asp

"William (Bill) H. Gates, chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft
Corporation will share Microsoft's vision for the programmable Web, and
outline Microsoft's strategy for Next Generation Web Services (NGWS) that
will simplify the development of enterprise Web applications."

But I'm not totally crazy, at one point the W did stand for Windows:

http://www.microsoft.com/PressPass/press/2000/jan00/final25anv.htm

"Gates and Ballmer preview strategy to transform company around Internet
User Experience and Next Generation Windows Services."

This is good news, hopefully the vision will live up to the name.

Dave