From: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org [mailto:xml-dist-app-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Andrew Layman
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 6:13 PM
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Subject: RE: Call For Feedback: SIDL Proposal

Henry Lowe wrote "May I suggest that instead of inventing a new interface
description grammar, that an open, well established IDL is used for SOAP,
XML-RPC, etc."

Henry suggested ISO/IEC 14750.  While there is probably no ultimate
meta-grammar that will serve all needs, I note that much of the XML Schemas
work at the W3C has gone into designing a meta-grammar particularly suited
for XML.  This makes it preeminently attractive as a means to describe the
grammar of the messages that are exchanged through SOAP, XML-RPC, etc.