RE: Proposed revised wording of 6.3 preamble

How about :

The XML Protocol message path model is defined in terms of XP senders and XP
receivers that transmit and receive XP messages respectively and XP
Processors that formulate and process the messages. An XP Processor (at the
sender's side) formulates a message conforming to the XML Protocol rules and
hands it over to a XP Sender which transmits the message. An XP Receiver
accepts the message and hands it over to the receiving end's XP processor to
processes the message according to the rules of the XML Protocol.