Re: Announcement: WWW9 Panel on XML and Protocols, 17 May 2000

From: Ken MacLeod <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us>
Date: 17 Apr 2000 07:51:15 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
[I have trimmed the Cc list to only xml-dist-app.  Please do not Cc me
directly on posts to xml-dist-app.]

David Burdett <david.burdett@commerceone.com> writes:

> Henrik says ...

> keep in mind which layer(s) they apply to<<<
>
> I agree.
>
> But what layers do we need, when do need to develop them and in what
> sequence?

I think we can clearly seperate serialization (a la SOAP Section 8)
from most other aspects (messaging and transport, specifically).

I think a serialization format can and should be discussed in its own
forum, track, and/or working group.  The other aspects are a much
larger problem space.

  -- Ken