Fra: www-zig-request@w3.org [mailto:www-zig-request@w3.org]På vegne af
Adam Dickmeiss
Sendt: 26. januar 2009 21:58
Til: www-zig@w3.org
Cc: www-zig@w3.org
Emne: Re: Requesting XML records via Z39.50

Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:

> Archie, I don't want anyone to change their implementation behavior
> based on the existing or a revised agreement.  So this is useful
> feedback, thanks. I would like to incorporate existing implementation
> practice into the revised procedure.
>
> I think that the 110 record syntax was first registered with the idea
> that the XML schema was known by private agreement.  (Subseqently we
> registered 112 to use in the case when you want to also specify the
> schema.)  It sounds like what you are doing is consisitent with what
> we had in mind.  I'll write this into the revised agreement.
We're pretty much in the same wagon as Archie. AFAIK, we have never used
any other OID for XML than the original one. Most often the element set
name further specifies the requested schema. In other words, like the
(xml-b) implementor's agreement but using the original OID.

/ Adam

> Any other feedback on this is also welcome.
>
> --Ray
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Archie Warnock" <warnock@awcubed.com>

>>> 1. XML is specified as the record syntax,  specifically 'xml-b':
>>> 1.2.840.10003.5.112.