Re: Base url in SRW

Dr Robert Sanderson wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Ere Maijala wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get my client interact well with an SRW server that has
>> the explain service in another base address than the searchRetrieve
>> service. Is there anything in SRW specs saying the base url must be
>> same for all services? Maybe I could find the address of the search
>> service from the explain response (serverInfo), but shouldn't
>> serverInfo actually apply to the explain service itself too?
>

> Yes it should.
>
> The model is one web service with three operations (explain,
> searchRetrieve and scan) rather than three different web services.

Thanks for the response. This helps me when I try to make them change
the system.

> Could you let me know where this split up service is? :)

Sorry, I'm not sure I can do that (at least not yet). The system is
custom made for one organisation, so I guess there's no fear it would
start spreading :) The good thing is that it's not published yet and I
believe I can put some pressure on them to change it.

Ere