Re: Proposed new record syntax for use within GRS-1 - float

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:08:00 -0500
To: "ZIG" <www-zig@w3.org>

Alan --

I can't see any harm adding floating point as an additional choice to
ElementData. Presumably, clients who need to receive floating point
data (very few I assume) would implement this change, and others would
be unaffected. (Unless servers send floating point unrequested, why
would they do that?)

The question is does anyone want this?  If you've got a solution that
works and nobody else needs to do it, I don't see a reason to amend
grs, but if others want this I'll be glad to put up a proposal.