RE: requesting XML records

From: Jonathan Rowell <bigrat18@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:00:10 +0200
To: matthew.dovey@las.ox.ac.uk, www-zig@w3.org

Mike Taylor wrote :-

So I think your problem remains just as bad as it was before: your client
can ask for XML records with the "element-set name" DCX, but unless my
server's signed up to your profile, it can do what it wants in response.
Just as it could before we even had this discussion.

And Matthew Dovey wrote :-

I can't see how the latter can be achieved without some kind of registry,
apart from perhap within the context of a profile.

Well it looks like the namespaces/profiles/whatever will look like

and I'll send this in the ESN to Norway from Germany.

They'll send me some XML back which will vaguely correspond to what I asked
for but with some value added, but that won't be so bad since I'll get a
namespace/profile/whatever embedded in the data and I'll be in a MUCH better
position to sort it out than before (when I didn't even know what the
character set was).

That's progress. Do it.

PS: If I also may be allowed to add a quotation :-

A camel is a horse designed by a committee

   Sir Alec Isigonis.