RE: requesting XML records

From: Matthew Dovey <matthew.dovey@las.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:40:10 -0000
To: "Robert Sanderson" <azaroth@liverpool.ac.uk>
Cc: "Mike Taylor" <mike@indexdata.com>, <a.powell@UKOLN.AC.UK>, <www-zig@w3.org>

> None of which really work for what Theo wants, because the
> JustGiveMeSomethintThatHasDCInIt feature really is the <any/>
> super liberal schema, as far as I understand what he wants to do.
>
> There just isn't a way of expressing, in terms of XML Schema:

Which is why I'm beginning to think that what Theo wants is to request
the DC namespace (i.e. a record that includes DC namespace stuff) not a
DC schema - hence my earlier mail that in Z39.50 we use
comspec/specification/Schema and comspec/Specification/elementSpec to
distinguish (how we cope in SRW is another matter for another list...)

Matthew