Re: requesting XML records

From: Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:21:38 GMT
To: a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk
CC: www-zig@w3.org

> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:28:23 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Andy Powell <a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk>
>
> > (The only problem is that, since the DCMI steadfastly refuse to
> > define an XML Schema for Dublin Core, a dozen different projects
> > are busily at work defining their own, subtly incompatible,
> > versions.)
>
> This isn't quite true.  DCMI has defined and published an XML schema
> for simple DC. See
>
>   http://dublincore.org/schemas/xmls/
>
> (I would hope that a similar schema for qualified DC will be released
> shortly).
>
> However, it is worth noting that the simple DC schema is
> specifically intended for importing into other,
> applicationp-specific schemas.  Therefore it does not define a
> container element for the DC record - it is up to the application to
> define that.

... which, to the eye of the layman, is very similar to not having
defined a schema :-)  But, OK, point taken.

)_v__/\  "NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative
	 will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in
	 it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in
	 it will be shot" -- Mark Twain.