Re: requesting XML records

From: Ray Denenberg <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:36:30 -0500
To: zig <www-zig@w3.org>

Matthew Dovey wrote:

> Note that there is the term IRI now around in namespace-land to
> distinguish between a URI based identifier as opposed to a actionable
> URI (which is really a URL - ie a locational "thing").

Matthew -- I don't think that's what they're for. I think that they are
just an "internationalization" of the URI. I may be missing some subtle
point but a brief scan of
http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri.html  doesn't
lead me to any conclusion other than the internationalization aspect.
--Ray