Re: Proposal: requesting XML records

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:32:54AM -0400, Ray Denenberg wrote:
> Thanks for the comments on this proposal. It's been updated. See:
> http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/proposals/request-xml.html
> --Ray

I may have been out of things for a bit, but was there some reason
why Comp-spec was explicitly excluded?

    "If Comp-spec is used, this agreement does not apply."

Is the purpose to say Comp-spec is out of scope (not defined) or that
it is recommended that Comp-spec *should not* support these set names.
I can understand Comp-spec being undefined/out of scope. But it would
seem wrong to disallow it.

Another observation (not a problem, just an observation), from memory
element set names are not case sensitive (in a quick skim of standard
I could not find this just now, but I recall seeing it previously).
URIs on the other hand are case sensitive. I guess there is no issue
as long as clients are told to always supply the URI with the correct
case. (If they don't, should it still work - maybe just undefined).
But as I said, probably not an issue in practice so not worth mentioning.

Alan