From: Chris Peterson/Amigos [mailto:peterson@amigos.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 5:38 PM
To: www-zig@w3.org
Subject: Limiting a search by URL

The Texas Z39.50 Implementors Group is working on a profile that provides
the ability to limit by URL.  That is, we would like to be able to limit by
"nasa.gov" and receive hits that include "jpl.nasa.gov" as well as
"nasa.gov/missions.html."

Here is how we have defined the search right now:

Use -- 1032 -- doc-id
Relation -- 3 -- equal
Position -- 3 -- any position in field
Structure -- 108 -- string
Truncation -- 3 -- left and right truncation
Completeness -- 1 -- incomplete subfield

Ray suggested that structure 108 might be problemmatic.  Are there better
ways to do this?  All comments are welcome.

Christine Peterson
Library Liaison Officer, Amigos Library Services
14400 Midway Road, Dallas, TX  75244-3509
800/843-8482 x191 (message only)
512/671-1580 (phone and fax)
EMAIL:  peterson@amigos.org