Re: BATH PROFILE - XML RECORDS

Hi Mark,

This is convenient, as we would like to test our latest server:

site = Future Home of the Colorado FGDC Node
hostname = fryingpan.aclin.org
port = 210
dbname = colorado
recordSyntax = XML or SUTRS

This is an FGDC metadata server which we have set up recently.
It works fine with our Z39.50 client in both record syntaxes; please
let us know what you think.  (The data is not current data but is
good test/example data.  The collection is not open to the public yet.)

Also, if you are looking for a bibliographic data source, we have
tested successfully with this GEAC server:

site = California State University, Stanislaus, Library
hostname = 130.17.3.75
port = 210
dbname = MAIN*BIBMAST
recordSyntax = MARC or XML

I have recently been working on updating my client software to
retrieve and present XML records, and would be glad to compare
notes.

Good Luck,
-Steve Gregory
gregory@aclin.org
Colorado State Library / Colorado Virtual Library
http://www.aclin.org