Re: Proposal for truncation type 105: Masking

Alan Kent wrote:

> It would be interesting to build up a table of who supports what from
> the above and deprecate (or recommend against, or at least document
> which ones are in real live systems). Maybe a table of what clients and
> servers support to provide guidence of which are really useful.

The COPAC target (and it's offshoots, eg, zetoc) support 101 truncation.

I'd support a new truncation attribute that specifies Unix style
globbing, ie, ? is one character, not zero or one.

Ashley.

--
Ashley Sanders                                a.sanders@mcc.ac.uk
COPAC: A public bibliographic database from MIMAS, funded by JISC