Fra: www-zig-request@w3.org [mailto:www-zig-request@w3.org]Pa vegne af
Ray Denenberg
Sendt: Monday, May 06, 2002 8:32 PM
Til: zig
Emne: Re: CCL proposal (quotes)

Leaving aside the technical issue Alan raises, I don't think we thought this
through very carefully. The type-104 truncation attribute is named
"Z39.58".We
shouldn't be making changes to it;  it's supposed to reflect Z39.58 rules.
And we
shouldn't be bothering with it anyway since Z39.58 has been withdrawn.

I think we should leave 104 alone and define a type 105 that resolves both
Ralph's
and Alan's concerns.

Clearly not very many people care about this (perhaps only two) or we
wouldn't have
approved it, but still, I would like comments on this idea.

--Ray

(www.inquirion.com)
> Postal: Multimedia Database Systems, RMIT, GPO Box 2476V, Melbourne 3001.
> Where: RMIT MDS, Bld 91, Level 3, 110 Victoria St, Carlton 3053, VIC
Australia.