Fra: www-zig-request@w3.org [mailto:www-zig-request@w3.org]Pa vegne af
Ray Denenberg
Sendt: Friday, March 01, 2002 5:01 PM
Til: www-zig@w3.org
Cc: zig
Emne: Re: native encoding

"LeVan,Ralph" wrote:

> We are going to have to profile (through an implementors agreement) which
> record syntaxes the UTF-8 negotiation applies to.

No, no, no!  Please, no profiling or implementor agreements!  If the
sentiment
is that there are going to be certain syntaxes that the utf-8 negotiation
will
not apply to, then let's nail the list down, and include it in the
definition.
We do implementor agreements after the fact, because we discover that a
definition isn't sufficient.

--Ray